Monday, December 12, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

I am always inspired to experiment with new recipes based on what my family members enjoy. My step-dad really loves banana bread as well as Reese's peanut butter cups. I saw a post on Pintrest.com about a recipe that combined the two which got me thinking. I altered the recipe to use chips instead of actual pieces of candy. It turned out really delicious! I think it is best to enjoy right after baking because all of the chips are melted! Enjoy!

You will need:
1 - Box Banana Bread Mix (I used Chiquita brand)
1 - Large Egg (lightly beaten)
2 - Bananas (over-ripe)
1/3 Cup water
1 - Handful semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - Handful Reese's peanut butter chips

1 medium sized bowl
1 8x4 inch loaf pan

Directions:
Step 1: Lightly grease loaf pan and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Mash bananas and mix with egg and water. Next mix in banana bread dry mix for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is wet. Then mix in both chocolate chips and peanut butter chips into the mixture.

Step 3: Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.

Step 4: Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes. Remove and enjoy! (Best when served warm)

No comments:

Post a Comment